Is a Lap Pool Right for You?
If you are trying to get fit or maintain your fitness, swimming is an excellent option and if you install a lap pool, it’s a fitness activity you can do in the privacy of your own yard. A lap pool is also a good option if the only position you have for a pool in your yard is long and narrow. Here are some benefits you could enjoy from a lap pool:
- Swimming is a great activity for working many different muscles, and for building cardiovascular fitness, strength, and endurance, without the high-impact effect of some land-based exercises.
- It’s also fun, refreshing and relaxing or even meditative, especially on a hot Melbourne summer day.
- There’s no need to restrict your lap pool to pure exercise – swimming and water games with family or friends can be wonderful weekend social activities.
- Swimming can be a good low-impact way to keep moving when you have an injury from higher-impact exercise or from an accident.
- Swimming in a lap pool can be a good warm-up before other forms of exercise.
- It possible to lose excess weight by swimming – you can burn up to 700 calories per hour doing vigorous freestyle (assuming a weight of approximately 70 kg).
The benefit of concrete pools is that they can be adapted to suit your backyard. If your yard is narrower than average and not able to accommodate a large round or rectangular pool, there’s an excellent chance that you’ll still be able to install a narrower, longer lap pool in the space available.
The pool experts at Salt Pools Pty Ltd can help you design and create the ‘look’ you want and make the best use of the space you have at your disposal. And we do more than just install concrete pools – we can design landscaped gardens to surround the pool and make it a place of beauty and a space you’ll love to spend time in.
If you think a lap pool might be the answer for you, the first thing to do is arrange a site visit. We’ll come to you and our pool design consultant will measure your yard, discuss your requirements and offer ideas for design and landscaping to help you achieve your desired outcome.
Do you have questions about lap pools? Why not call Salt Pools Pty Ltd today and speak to a professional? We’ve got the answers you need.