Storage and use of pool chemicals
NEVER MIX CHEMICALS
- Mixing chemicals together can lead to an explosion or produce toxic fumes. Even different chlorine’s can react when mixed together. Do not use the same bucket for diluting different chemicals.
- Ensure chemicals do not mix or spill while driving. Chemicals should always be secured.
- Precautions should also be taken when storing chemicals together, any breakage or leakage can be hazardous.
- Ensure chemicals are stored out of reach of children.
- Always use protective gloves, eye wear and clothing when handling chemicals.
- Always add chemicals to a bucket containing water – NEVER the other way around. To add water to chemicals is potentially dangerous. Dilute all chemicals by at least 1:8 prior to adding them to a pool.
- Always read the instructions on the labels of pool chemicals and follow them carefully.
VICTORIAN POISONS INFORMATION CENTRE PH: 13 11 26